Awards and Authorisation
As a pioneer in whale watching, North Sailing has been awarded both domestically and internationally. North Sailing takes great pride in having received these prestigious awards and is always striving to do better. North Sailing is also a member of travel associations and authorised by official safety authorities.
- 1996 - Environmental Award from the Icelandic Tourist Board which plays an extensive role in the Icelandic tourism industry and is responsible to the Minister of communication.
- 1996 - Silver Otter Award from the British Guild of Travel Writers which is UK’s premier association of media professionals who focus on travels.
- 2003 - Scandinavian Travel Award.
- 2007 - The Innovation Award from The Icelandic Travel Industry Association which is the mutual venue of Icelandic companies operating in the field of travel and tourism. Its purpose is to promote and protect the common interest of the membership and to work towards improved proficiency of both staff and management.
- 2010 - The Icelandic Web Awards. Best sales and marketing web for company counting 50 employees or less.
- North Sailing is associated with Icewhale – The Icelandic Whale Watching Association.
- North Sailing is an official tour operator authorised by the Icealandic Tourist Board.
- Our vessels undergo strict inspections in compliance with the rules and regulations of The Icelandic Maritime Administration as well as those of Lloyd’s Register of Shipping.
- All crew members attend regular courses and training in maritime safety and life saving at the Maritime Safety and Survival Training Centre which is a member of the International Associaton for Safety and Survival Training.
- All crew members and passengers are insured by TM insurances.