The day after the storm
We had to cancel our whale watching tours yesterday, due to very bad weather conditions out in the bay.
Also today, the sea was still a bit bumpy, but we decided to head out with a group of enthusiastic whale watchers.
We were setting the course towards the area where we last saw the whales, but even though we scanned the area really carefully, we did not find any. So we decided to try our luck a bit further west, towards the mountains. We finally spotted the blow from a large whale and slowed down to see if it would surface again. But even though we waited for quite a long time, we did not see it again. It was unfortunately also already time for us to head back to Húsavík, so no luck with the whales today. We offered our passengers another tour for free, whenever they are back in Húsavík and hope for more luck tomorrow.