Today the wind was very strong, blowing from the north, so the waves got really high. Since the conditions were so bad, we were not sure if we could even go out. But we decided to go for it, and try to find some whales, although I for one was not so sure that we would find anything. We had sailed for a while, and getting a little worried, when one of our co-workers called us on the radio. He was on land, up on a hill by the coast and had spotted a breaching humpback whale! So we followed his directions and foun this breaching humpback. We were so lucky to have found this spectacular creature jumping high up in the air! We managed to follow it for a while although it wasn’t breaching the whole time. All of a sudden there was another humpback there! And a short while later the third one joined the party!! We were surrounded by beautiful humbacks and the “jumper” continued breaching from time to time, and the others were really calm and relaxed around us. So that tour went way better than expected!
Unfortunately we did not have the luck with us on our next tour. The three wonderful humpbacks had left the area they were at before. The wind was getting stronger and the waves higher, and we simply could not find anything. So we decided to cancel all of the tours the rest of the day.
Hopefully the weather gets better the next days..